Whether you’re looking to increase home value and sell your house or if you’re just looking to spice up your bathroom with a remodel, we have some tips to ensure that you can get the job done on a budget.
We’re going to give tips on which areas are most important to remodel and which ones can be left the same, while also giving you a breakdown of some of the most expensive parts of a bathroom remodel.
Please visit our website for further information on small bathroom remodeling.
Inexpensive Bathroom Remodel Ideas
The main thing that homeowners can do in order to maintain an affordable bathroom remodel is to choose which areas they remodel wisely. Some areas are more expensive to remodel while others are less expensive. If you’re looking to remodel on a budget then sticking to the most important affordable options will give you the best results without needing to spend a lot of money. Here are a few different areas of your bathroom that you can remodel on a budget.
- Paint the walls: Painting the walls is a really easy way to give a whole new look to your bathroom without having to do a whole lot of work. A fresh coat of paint can make a home look new and it can give off different vibes depending on the color you’ve chosen.
- Paint cabinets and vanity: Instead of getting a new vanity or cabinets in your bathroom you can refinish them. Painting your cabinets and vanity can make a huge difference, plus you can change the hardware on them as well to give an even newer look.
- Affordable tile: Tile can be extremely expensive depending on which types you get. So being sure to choose the tile that is more affordable but still gives off the look that you’re going for is a smart move when looking to save money on a bathroom remodel.
- Refinish bathtub or shower: If you’re contemplating getting a new shower or tub, then you might want to look at other options. Refinishing your bathtub or shower can be a much better and more affordable idea than buying new ones.
- Fixtures: Getting new fixtures such as lighting, hardware, or even mirrors can elevate the look of your bathroom. You can shop on a budget to find replacements such as these for your bathroom remodel.
We recommend that you don’t replace anything that’s unnecessary if you are looking to stay on a budget. Updated appliances, sinks, tubs, and other bathroom essentials are great, but it can be expensive to get these things done. Sticking with a more cosmetic aspect of it will get a buyer’s attention and help to visually sell your home, plus it will be great for you as well.
What Cost The Most In A Small Bathroom Remodel?
Knowing what can cost you the most money can give you an idea of what to eliminate first if you’re on a budget. Bathroom remodels are all different, but labor is going to cost a lot when hiring professional workers. Besides labor, moving plumbing is the hardest part, so if you’re looking to move a toilet, sink, or shower then this will be the most expensive part.
As far as cosmetics, cabinets are quite expensive. Vanities, countertop cabinets, and sink cabinets can cost about $1,500 on average and range up to $4,000. Refurbishing, painting, and adding new hardware can completely change the look of your bathroom. If your cabinets are still in good shape then consider just refinishing your existing cabinets.
Can A Small Bathroom Remodel Increase Home Value?
Not only will a bathroom remodel be a great way to spice up your home and make some updated changes, but if you’re looking to sell it at some point you’ll actually get your money back on it. Small bathroom remodels will indeed increase your home value and it’s one of the best rooms to remodel in a home for selling purposes.
Bathroom remodels can give you about a 60% return on investment (ROI). Homeowners can expect to get back about two-thirds of what they put into their bathroom remodel when selling their house. For example, if you put in $9,000 on your bathroom remodel then you’ll get about $6,000 back when you sell your home. Bathroom remodels are a great way to increase your home value without tons of renovations.
The Bottom Line
In conclusion, we feel that sticking with simple tasks that increase your bathroom’s appeal and functionality is best. Knowing the most expensive aspects of a small bathroom remodel can help to understand what is necessary and what isn’t. With all of this said, the money put into a small bathroom remodel will be worth it as there is a 60% ROI on bathroom remodels. Choosing what to remodel and what to keep the same is up to the homeowner. Look for a bathroom remodeling contractor to help set up an appointment to look at the space and get a plan going for the remodel.